First food pancakes
Baby friendly pancakes!
These pancakes are appropriate from 7 months old.
Gluten free, grain free, dairy free and sugar free - but still nutrient dense, tasty and easy for little (or big) fingers! Not very sweet - which is good for babies as we don’t want their pallet to get too used to sweet foods and favour those into adulthood :) Its also egg white free (see this post why egg white isn’t recommended until 10-12 months).
- 3/4 cup banana flour (I found at health food shop.. I’ve seen it at @scoopwholefoods or you could use coconut flour)
- 2 tsp baking Soda (I get the gluten free one from @scoopwholefoods)
- 1 egg yolk (if baby has had egg white could add a whole egg)
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 Vanilla bean (or 1/4 tsp paste)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup dairy free milk (I used breastmilk, you could use coconut milk or if your babies had nuts could have a nut milk).
- Ghee or coconut oil for cooking
- Optional: top with coconut cream and berries (I didn’t give flo the berries - they were for my toddler)
- Mash banana, mix in milk, egg yolk, scrape 1 vanilla bean (or add paste), cinnamon - stir until well combined - in seperate bowl mix the banana flour and baking soda
- add wet ingredients to dry
- heat some ghee or coconut oil in frying pan on medium heat and cook pancakes until brown on both sides
- cut into finger shaped strips for your baby * optional: I mixed coconut cream, cinnamon and vanilla bean together to make a lovely fatty sauce!